Contract Process Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
The Contract Process Manager is responsible for leading contract administration staff and overseeing the process for complex client contracts for the Pharmacy organization.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and oversees contract approval process and non-standard and exception contract language and provision process/approvals.
- Evaluates and ensures compliance with Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Manager, self-funded regulatory requirements, contracts, related processes, departmental policies and procedures.
- Coordinates and monitors workflow, allocates resources, establishes priorities, and implements standardization where possible.
- Provides quality control. Interprets contract language
,researches and resolves contract process template inquiries and issues and manages contract negotiations to include extensive redline review.
- Manages Pharmacy client contract templates, and integrated Pharmacy contract schedule.
- Provides consultative services to key stakeholders, including Pharmacy Sales, Account Management, and RFP areas in reviewing RFPs and in contract negotiations.
- Provides responses to questions and offers appropriate alternatives in response to complex/non-standard contract language.
- Recommends improvements for managing Pharmacy only client contracts.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field;
- Training in the legal field and/or contracting experience required.
- 6 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required.
- Ability to research and summarize information.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.