Account Management Executive
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Anthem, Inc. (NYSE: ANTM) is an innovative company dedicated to improving lives and simplifying healthcare. Through its affiliated companies, Anthem serves more than 78 million people, including more than 41 million within its family of health plans. One in eight Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem’s affiliated plans. Given our size and scope, at Anthem we are driven to expect more.
Anthem National Accounts (ANA) is part of the Commercial & Specialty Business Division, the largest commercial business carrier in the United States. ANA membership represents more than 13 million members and more than one-third of the company’s total membership, serving over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies in our geography.
Innovative products, service excellence, and value-based networks are key components of the ANA growth strategy. Our team is committed to ensuring ANA is a world-class sales organization with diverse perspectives, skills, and experiences to serve the unique needs of the national accounts marketplace. The size and scale of account and the complexity of the sales cycle requires strong leadership and demonstrated agility
The Specialty Account Executive is responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of national accounts. May also work with new sales.
Typical group size is 5,000 eligible or enrolled subscribers.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts. Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with regional sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for regional sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets. Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations. Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. Sales license required within 30 days of hire.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.