Engineering Intern II - Graduate Level
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Information Technology Intern students will gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding of Technology. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for full-time employment once the intern graduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance the connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one on one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student’s acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through a social and networking events
What we are looking for:
Developer/Engineer Interns are an integral piece to our IT divisions supporting various assets of internal and external facing technology assets; thus they are required to have the following skill sets: create infrastructure, maintain and upgrade current internal and external facing systems, support integration of new platforms, software, and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Superb problem-solving skills using logic and data
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proficiency in technical aspects of computer and software engineering
- Ability to articulate complex technical issues to those not as experienced
- Familiarity with containerization/orchestration using cloud native stack and associated application design principles
- Ability to convey the problem and solution pictorially using Powerpoint, Miro or other equivalent technologies.
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June 6th – August 12th. This is a remote opportunity. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. In addition to being an intellectually curious self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible team environment…We want to hear from you!
- Pursuing a Graduate level degree at an accredited college or university in one of the following fields: Computer Science, Compute Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science, or similar
- Graduation date between August 2022 to May 2024
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.