Product Design Intern II - Graduate Level
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Anthem Technology Intern Program allows graduate-level design students to gain real-world work experience in a professional design studio environment. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns are paired with senior designers and mentors and will be given opportunities to apply their craft in actual projects to enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding of designing products for real-world, healthcare use cases. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for full-time employment once the intern graduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance the connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- Additional onboarding with a senior designer to learn our tools and workflow
- A one on one mentorship with a design director for the duration of the program
- Regular critiques and feedback sessions to received feedback on their work, increase their understanding of how their work fits into a larger product ecosystem
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking events
What we are looking for:
Design Interns will be assigned to a specific group within Digital and Information Technology based on the skillset and needs of the business. Design interns should have experience and education in:
- The ability to work independently to interpret and adapt a defined style or design language to different areas, respective features, or elements of a larger project.
- Strong rapid visualization skills for quickly generating, iterating, and visually pitching your ideas as concept sketches, storyboards, etc.
- Strong foundational visual design skills (e.g., layout, composition, typography, color) that show you can work with complex visual information and maintain awareness for information hierarchy, flow, and context, including states and transitions.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- A breadth of artistic/design styles
- Flexibility in your ability to work at the appropriate level of visual fidelity (thumbnailing, sketching, wireframing, designing, and polishing).
- Ability to remain faithful to project’s creative direction regardless of style, technology, platform, or user demographics.
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June 6th – August 12th. This is a remote opportunity. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. In addition to being an intellectually curious self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible team environment…We want to hear from you!
- Students in Master’s level programs for one of the following fields: Graphic, Interaction, Industrial or Production Design, Game Design, Motion Graphics, Medical Illustration, Scientific Visualization, User Experience
- A portfolio/demo reel online, including at least one project that demonstrates your work progression from start to finish.
- Graduation date between August 2022 - May 2024
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.