Customer Care Representative I-Bilingual
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for successfully completing the required basic training.
Able to perform basic job functions with help from co-workers, specialists and managers on non-basic issues. Must pass the appropriate pre-employment test battery.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Requires limited knowledge of company services, products, insurance benefits, provider contracts and claims.
- Seeks, understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Required to meet department goals.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual (Spanish) or multi-language skills required.
- Must be able to pass a validated language test/assessment required.
- This position is defined as remote, or work-from-home, however you may need to report into a local Anthem office periodically.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.