Software Developer Intern II - Graduate Level
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Intern students will gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding within Technology. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for fulltime employment once the intern graduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- A one on one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student’s acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking event
What we are looking for:
Developer Interns will be assigned to a specific group within the Digital organization based on skill set and need of the business. Graduate students should have experience and education in:
- Python, Java, C/C++, C#, Angular, HTML
- Automation tools, software testing tools, Machine learning methods
- DevOps, DevSecOps, Salesforce, infrastructure & mainframe, multi-database, multi-language or multi business application preferred.
- Advanced understanding of technological trends and developments in the areas of software development, software integration, cloud services and application support
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June 6th – August 12th. This is a remote opportunity. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. In addition to being an intellectually curious self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible team environment…We want to hear from you!
- Graduate candidates, have completed Bachelor’s degree in applied math, statistics, scientific computing, data and analytics, business analytics, or related field
- Graduate student in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field
- Student with a graduation date between August 2023 to May 2024.
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be available to participate in the intern program from June to August.
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.