Outreach Care Specialist Intern - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
THIS IS A HYBRID POSITION BASED IN WEST DES MOINES, IOWA
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Outreach Care Specialist Intern will be responsible for ensuring operational performance of designated responsibilities meets or exceeds contractual and Iowa State Plan Amendments (SPA) deliverables that improve the health of our members.
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Completion of the member enrollment process into the programs, ensuring compliance to eligibility guidelines.
- Outreach to parent/guardians and HH providers on the Children’s Mental Health (CMH) waiver initial slot release and monitoring progress of same.
- Preparation of reports to document work activities, outcomes, and updates.
- Creating/providing educational resources on a regular basis to HH providers
- Identification of opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Ensuring that records are maintained in accordance with applicable company policies and procedures, including with respect to confidentiality, data protection and information security.
- Interfacing/collaborating with other internal departments as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with provider agencies.
- Pursuing a degree in Human Services, Social Work, Healthcare Administration, Business or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.