DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
****$1,000 Sign On Bonus****
Your Talent. Our Vision. At WellMax a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Optometry Assistant is responsible for assisting the optometrist in the eye examination and corrective procedure.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Greets all patients and visitors. Identifies the patient by verifying patient name and date of birth.
- Assists optometrist with examination and maintains patient information in Electronic Health Record system.
- Takes patient history and performs preliminary examination of patient.
- Explains eye exercises to patients and monitors vision therapy.
- Assists with patient pre-testing such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, pupil reflexes, visual field testing, pressure inside the eye and blood pressure.
- Ensures patient understanding of proper care and use of glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Verifies and completes all necessary paperwork for patients.
- Serves as a liaison between referrals department and the Ophthalmologist's office assisting with collection of the consultation notes and scheduling appointments.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in an optometry practice as well as previous experience in healthcare environment and medical terminology; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must be willing to work in our Fort Lauderdale, FL clinic location.
- Valid Optometric Technician certificate preferred.
- Experience with electronic health record software (NextGen) preferred.
- Bilingual in English/ Spanish preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.