Database Admin Intern - Full Year
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
THIS IS FULLY REMOTE/VIRTUAL POSITION
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Database Admin Intern will be responsible for…
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Administer multiple database platforms ensuring platforms are operational and accessible by the user community.
- Participate in the application of software patches, security fixes, and software upgrades as they become available from the software manufacturer.
- Work with development staff and quality assurance staff in the design of system enhancements that affect the data storage structure, or data content.
- Review and participate in the assessment and tuning of database performance.
- Assess SQL for performance and design considerations.
- Engage in security reviews to ensure that database is configured in compliance with industry best-practices and government operational guidelines.
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Work with existing staff to develop skills in multiple facets of database administration.
- Join project teams that will be responsible for the migration of database platforms from on premise solutions to a variety of cloud solutions.
- Serve in a consulting capacity during planned and unplanned system outages.
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related degrees
- This internship is year-round and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
This position supports Anthem’s federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.