DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for the delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on complex technology systems within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Development on medium to large complex customer technology platforms or architectures.
• Maintains active relationships with internal and/or external stakeholder to develop business requirements.
• Analyzes and classifies complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, our products and infrastructure.
• Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
• Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
• Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
• Understands the product and analytics and drive requirements that take into account stakeholders needs. Identifies problems/risks.
• Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
• Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews. Reviews test cases and advises QA on adjacent code/regression impact.
• Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
• Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
• Provides on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years experience on one platform, multi database, multi-language or multi business application; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Experience with mentoring others, leading small projects, and providing troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
• Experience with: SQL / SQL Server, Oracle, and FACETS strongly preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed. Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are eligible for overtime pay based on California employment law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.