Senior Manager Engineering
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: Sr Manager Engineering
Location: Norfolk, VA | Richmond, VA | Atlanta, GA | Indianapolis, IN
Responsible for leading specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utlizing various technology platforms.
Responsible for maintaining and implementing the technology strategic solutions related to end-to-end application and system development, delivery, testing, and support.
Essential duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing, and controlling resources and initiatives to accomplish the objectives and requirements defined by senior technology leadership and product management across multiple teams.
- Project scoping and ensuring reasonable product delivery. Manages multiple system and or application products of arying complexity.
- Assists with budget development and deployment. Manages processes and received assignments in the form of objectives and requirements from technology and product amnagement in order to meet goals.
- Identifies and resolves hurdles establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners. Interacts with stakeholders in order to understand new product enhancements or features being requested.
- Evaluated all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
- Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques; manages implementation/integration projects to ensure deliverables. Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- May be engaged in some software engineer work as well.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.