Behavioral Health Case Manager Lead
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I, Florida residency and FL license is required
HOURS: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, EST. with some fleixibility.
This is a Work at Home position.
The Behavioral Health Case Manager (CM ) job progression is primarily member facing and involves complete clinical assessment. Wheres the BH Care Manager (UM) job progression is primarily a provider-facing role although it does involve some member-facing activities such as collecting information and using clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure our members are directed to the appropriate level of care. Responsible for corrdinating operations and workflows related to care management activities that support the Case Management Program. Visits with our members occur most often in the hospital or emergency department or other safe environment, servicing our Medicaid members. Responsible for coordinating operations and workflows related to care management activities that support the Case Management Program.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides support to member facing BH Case Mgrs and other Care management associates.
- Provides oversight of program referrals and works with referral sources to ensure accurate and timely case assignment.
- Coordinates with cross functional teams to ensure team collaboration member touch points and organization vision of integration is achieved.
- Facilitates weekly clinical rounds and may conduct quality audits.
- Works with the manager to ensure individual team and overall operational metrics are achieved.
- Supports various projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Assists with process improvement activities for regulatory requirements. Acts as departmental liaison to other areas of the business unit.
- Primary support with training/mentoring new hires.
- Participates in cross-functional teams projects and initiatives. Serves as a member of the leadership team.
- Requires MA/MS in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing, and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license such as RN LCSW LMHC LICSW LPC (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT LMSW (as allowed by applicable state laws) or clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
- Managed care experience required.
- Extensive experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders. .
- Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques preferred.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.