Business Analyst Intern - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
THIS IS A REMOTE/VIRTUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR SUMMER 2022
GRADUATE AND UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Business Analyst Intern will be responsible for…
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data related to one or several but very similar business metrics.
- Primary duties may include but are not limited to: develop and analyze business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data).
- Collects and analyzes data to create summary statistics of performance.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient in statistical use of Microsoft Excel and SQL or other general reporting tools.
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Data Science, Business Analytics, Software Engineering
- This internship is from June to December and is 40 hours per week
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship
This position supports Anthem’s federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.