Senior Information Security Advisor (Application Engineer)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company
This role complements Anthem’s Data Monitoring and Protection Services team as a senior-level analyst responsible for configuring commercially-available vendor applications for Anthem’s Insider Threat Program and Data Loss Prevention Program.
- Provide support to create, build, implement and maintain Insider Threat use cases with risk focused user entity behavior analytics, user access monitoring tools, data loss prevention, and/or other related capabilities
- Configure, test and deploy log ingestion feeds, log parsing parameters, and detection criteria for rules and policies of controls in SaaS or on premise applications.
- Configure, test and deploy policy controls at the endpoint, Cloud or network level to detect and prevent data exfiltration in Cloud or on premises infrastructures
- Serve as subject matter expert for designated technology to support risk mitigation strategies, and serve as secondary / backup support for other related technologies
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve vendor technology related errors, software bugs, and/or functionality issues with vendor technical support engineers
- Work closely with vendor Technical Account Manager (TAM), Designated Support Engineer (DSE) to resolve vendor software issues
- Actively participate in troubleshooting and design sessions with vendor resources and internal Anthem resources (such as, system or network engineers) to develop capabilities that operate with maximum efficiency and rule tuning performance
- Collaborate with leaders to advise and recommend process improvements and strategic initiatives within timelines
- Maintain documentation related to use cases, system design, processes or procedures
- Strong communication, interpersonal, leadership, and collaborative skills and a demonstrated ability for creative problem solving of business and technical challenges
- Very good understanding of Database Activity Monitoring, methodologies and processes
- Ability to navigate and work/communicate effectively across a complex organization
- Strong understanding of documentation procedures for systems and thorough change control procedures
*Atlanta, Georgia and Indianapolis, Indiana preferred location but other locations will be considered also.
- BS/BA in Information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; requires broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 3+ years of related work experience in information security, data protection, data privacy and security, such as user entity behavior analytics, threat hunting, user activity monitoring, and data loss prevention. (Optional / helpful skillsets include cloud migration, cloud deployment, cloud platforms security services, automation / orchestration, incident response and/or case management, security information and event management, endpoint, datalake, or similar fields of knowledge)
- Knowledge of Database Activity Monitoring industry best practices, procedures or strategies
- Familiarity with python, regex (PCRE), Splunk, or common incident management/ticketing systems (e.g., Service Now)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.