Business Information Analyst II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm (EST).
Location: Rocky Hill, Connecticut. Hybrid, but currently Remote.
Duties & Responsibilities
Business Information Analyst II is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and reporting on data related to one or several but very similar business metrics.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
• Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
• Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
• Creates and publishes periodic reports, makes necessary recommendations, and develops ad hoc reports as needed.
• May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
• Requires a BS/BA degree in related field.
• Minimum of 2 years related operational and/or data analysis experience; experience in database structures, and standard query and reporting tools; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• This job is more focused on technical expertise and analysis as compared to the Bus Info Analyst I job.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.