Medicaid New Market Transitions Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Medicaid New Market Transitions Director
Location: The ideal candidate would be located in an Eastern or Central time zone with a 50% travel expectation, yet this position will consider other Anthem locations.
Anthem’s Government Business Group’s Medicaid New Market Transition team is looking for a Medicaid New Market Transitions Director to join its team. This high-performing individual contributor will be responsible for creating and executing strategies and tactical plans to win new business (new markets, alliance partnership, acquisitions, etc.). Leads, oversees, develops and ensures successful procurement of new business, resulting in increased Medicaid growth and P&L opportunities and expansion of Anthem’s market footprint. Focus for this role will be on initial ground game development, state and legislative relationship development in coordination with Government Relations, regulatory and compliance.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and executes the initial market strategy enabling Anthem to win the business by understanding the key needs of the customer (State, Provider, Alliance, etc.) in partnership with multiple matrix partners including Finance, Government Relations, Diversified Business Group, Network, Operations and Clinical organizations.
- Identifies and develops new relationships and advocacy in the market(s) with state, provider, and not for/non- profit organizations.
- Develops and supports new innovative programs and market specific pilots targeting growth including internal and external vendor partnerships.
- Provides business expertise in each new business venture to proactively understand what Anthem’s portfolio currently can offer, what will need to be developed, and the ROI to ensure there is a mutually beneficial outcome for both parties when building new programs.
- Prior to engaging in procurement activities, builds brand recognition with community partners in partnership with the Medicaid Marketing organization to better support RFP activities and win new business.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in a health plan leadership role and leadership role in M&A and/or RFP activities.
- Experience and knowledge of MCO most notably in the Medicaid industry is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated results in three or more of the following areas required: Product Development, Market Strategy, Market Research or Risk Management.
- Experience in building strong client relationships with key stakeholders including clients, government agencies, and vendor partners.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the proven ability to negotiate expectations between multiple parties.
- Experience interacting confidently with senior management, as s subject matter expert and comfortable with influencing decision-making.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $124,404 - $155,505
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.