Information Technology Intern II – Graduate Level
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
An Information Technology Intern II student will gain real-world work experience in their academic field. During the summer months, June - August, interns will engage in challenging projects evolving around the rapidly changing healthcare tech industry. Interns will be paired with industry professionals and mentors and will be given opportunities to stretch their skills and enrich their knowledge base to achieve a greater understanding of Technology. If the intern performs well throughout the internship, there will be opportunities for full-time employment once the intern graduates.
Interns will participate in activities to enhance the connection to the company as a whole and encourage personal growth. Some of these activities include:
- Formal onboarding event for all students to ensure integration to the organization and program
- One-on-one mentorship with a leader for the duration of the program
- Cadenced Learning series to build student’s acumen and focus on learning the business
- Opportunities to grow and develop through social and networking events
What we are looking for:
Interns will be assigned to a specific group within Chief Technology Office based on the skillset and need of the business.
Preferred experience for students includes but is not required:
- Python, R, Java, C/C++, C#, Angular, HTML
- SAS SQL Databases, Querying languages
- Text Analytics and Natural Language Processing, Sequence Labeling
- Machine learning, Probabilistic and Statistical Learning Methods
- Deep Learning, recurrent neural networks, Convolutional neural networks
- Emerging topics in artificial intelligence, intelligent systems, conversational bots, and knowledge representation and reasoning
The Summer 2022 Internship will take place from June 6th – August 12th. This is a remote opportunity. The ideal person will possess the willingness and capacity to learn quickly and apply new knowledge. They will also have proven analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities. We are in search of an energetic self-starter with a willingness to work hard, take on significant and multiple responsibilities, and with dedication towards excellence and achieving results. We want to hear from you!
- Currently enrolled in a graduate-level degree-seeking program related to data science, statistics, mathematics, artificial intelligence, or a similar program.
- Currently pursuing a Graduate Degree with a graduation date between Aug 2022 and Dec 2024
- Bachelor’s degree in applied math, statics, scientific computing, data and analytics, business analytics, marketing, or related field
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be available to participate in the intern program from June to August working 40 hours a week.
- Advanced user of Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.