Initiative Project Leader
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Initiative Project Leader
The Initiative Project Leader is responsible for analyzing, determining and driving opportunities to standardize, eliminate waste and improve end to end processes.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a thought leader regarding improvements of end to end processes enterprise wide, with integration points in key business areas, Operations, PE&C, PSCCR, Finance, Actuary and IT.
- Leads initiatives from assessment through implementation of solutions and ensures that business controls are put in place to monitor sustainability of process improvements.
- Builds consensus across organizational functional areas, lead root cause analysis, uncover trends, contribute to solution definition and determine best practices both internally and externally.
Identifies and resolves tactical and strategic, high-priority organizational and business issues (SWAT team approach.).
- Leads the development of new enterprise processes, reporting, IT system changes and business practices.
- Articulates to the Program Office, Operations Council and ELT initiative drivers, status and results.
- Ensures alignment with other Enterprise initiatives.
Work location - Any Anthem office in one of the following states: California, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin; may consider other locations for most qualified applicant.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience in an operations environment including 7 years of leading and directing large enterprise wide projects; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA and/or Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred.
- Strong communication skills, executive presence, experience creating professional presentations and executive summaries, demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams gathering and organizing information into a cohesive strategy.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.