Financial Planning & Analysis Director Sr.
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Responsible for providing high level financial leadership, decision support and strategic direction to the Maine State Plan President, Commercial Business. Supports this line of business in terms of operating and/or regulatory environment, complex financial arrangements and complex product types with operating revenue over $950 million, operating gain over $65 million, and membership over 240,000 and/or full responsibility for the P&L including net margin and G&A expenses.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as primary liaison between finance leadership and business unit.
- Presents month end financial statements and supporting analysis.
- Prepares annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepares internal management reports and comprehensive analyses of financial and statistical results to support senior management.
- Coordinates with actuarial on pricing actions and reserve calculations.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analysis.
- Focuses on business improvement initiatives and leads and directs projects.
Requires BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 10 years of progressively more responsible experience in a high level financial analysis position and experience supporting senior management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- CPA, MBA or Masters degree in Accounting preferred.
- Managed care industry knowledge is a plus.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.