LTSS Service Coordinator-Clinician
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Applicant must reside in Dallas, TX/ Grand Prairie, TX.
The LTSS Telephonic Clinician, working under the direction/supervision of an RN, with overall responsibility for the member's case, as required by applicable state law and contract, contributes to the LTSS care coordination process by performing activities within the scope of licensure including, for example, assisting the responsible RN with telephonic assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Assists responsible RN in identifying members for high risk complications.
- Obtains clinical data as directed by the responsible RN.
- Assists the responsible RN in identifying members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Provides all information collected to the responsible RN, who verifies and interprets the information, conducts additional assessments, as necessary, and develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs.
- Participates in coordinating care for members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities as directed by responsible RN, and in conjunction with the RN, member and the health care team, to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Decision making skills will be based upon the current needs of the member and require an understanding of disease processes and terminology and the application of clinical guidelines but do not require nursing judgment.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
- Requires a LCSW or LPC in accordance with applicable state law; 2 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted LCSW or LPC (as allowed by state law) in applicable state(s) required.
- Travel required
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Previous case management experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.