Business Information Developer, Sr.
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia (Remote - VA Candidates only)
Responsible for developing and executing complex data mining analyses, which involve the design and execution of programs to extract data.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing data mining analyses.
- Uses program languages to extract data.
- Develops new and standard reports utilizing data warehouse information.
- Programs and writes queries and reports.
- Establishes and maintains strong knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports data warehouse-related applications for business areas requiring the design and implementation of database tables.
- Conducts training on the use of applications developed.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 2 years related analytical experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. PC, spreadsheet, and database skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
The majority of time will be spent programming. This job is focused on complex data mining analysis as compared to the Bus Info Developer job.
- Experience with Crystal SAP and Power BI is highly desirable.
- Certification in SQL and/or Power BI is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.