Information Technology Intern - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This is a 100% remote/virtual opportunity
The Information Technology Intern will be responsible for partnering on process improvements, program and project support activities, and creative problem-solving. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with team members to apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a fast-paced real work environment. The intern will assist in conducting research, analyzing data, and making recommendations to improve quality, effectiveness, and efficiency.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Portfolio, program, and project management activities in support of the Medicaid and Medicare Lines of Business
- Planning, design, and execution of process improvements of the implementation delivery process
- Perform research and analysis in support of the execution of implementation delivery
- Assist in resolving business issues using systems and data as levers
- Provide support for project managers and programs by evaluating and supporting implementations of projects
- Pursuing a degree in Business, Information Technology, or Healthcare, or other related degrees
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting (physically located as return to office strategies are executed)
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.