Audit & Reimbursement Lead
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At National Government Services (NGS), an independent subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and one of the largest Medicare contractors in the country, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Audit and Reimbursement Lead
This position can sit remotely nationwide.
Responsible for providing technical direction, workload planning, associate mentoring and operational support on a day-to-day basis. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Reviews work of the associates to ensure they are following the appropriate guidelines, provides training both in a formal and informal setting, reviews the policies and procedures to make sure they are appropriate, and monitors workload inventory to ensure timely completion.
- Handles complex case research and resolutions.
- Will support the Appeal Unit with appeal issues as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and review of work done by lower level auditors.
- Analyzes and interprets data and makes recommendations for change based on their judgment and experience.
- Able to work independently on assignments and under minimal guidance from the manager.
- Monitors inventory to ensure workflow remains uninterrupted. Assists management with workload and financial budget responsibilities.
- Must have extensive knowledge of CMS principles, law and regulations.
- Works with management on interaction with internal and external audits and performance measures.
- Assists in ISO certification activities.
- Must be able to perform all duties of lower level positions as directed by management.
This position supports Anthem’s federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
- Requires a BA/BS degree, preferably in Accounting and a minimum of 8 years audit/reimbursement or related Medicare experience which includes previous experience at a Senior Auditor level in health care, public accounting or a government agency; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in software used to file and finalize cost reports; experience with paperless audit software applications; demonstrated leadership experience.
- Through knowledge of CMS program regulations and cost report format; excellent knowledge of CMS computer systems and Microsoft Office Word and Excel strongly preferred.
- MBA, CPA, CIA or CFE preferred.
- Must obtain Continuing Education Training requirements (where required).
- A valid driver's license and the ability to travel may be required.
- This job is assigned to the Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $80,080 - $100,100
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.