DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
A Health Educator is Responsible for responding to inbound inquiries and extending outbound calls for disease management or medication alert programs.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provides information to members eligible for disease management or medication alert programs.
- Makes outbound attempts to program members to provide health information according to program standards.
- Receives or places calls to members who have failed to enroll with disease management to encourage their enrollment in the correct disease management program.
- Diffuses situations with members who are resistant to health coaching and/or disease management interventions.
- Provides consultation to department associates regarding methods/approaches to help members recognize and overcome barriers to improve their health.
- Assists with increasing participants motivational level by addressing barriers and assessing needs.
- Focuses on improving member health by promoting incremental behavior change leading to healthier outcomes.
- Conducts behavioral assessments to identify individual member knowledge skills and behavioral needs.
- May coordinate with others in the multi-disciplinary clinical team, including social worker, and medical director
- Associates' Degree or equalivalent
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience in direct care health education or patient education or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Any Related healthcare licensure or professional certifications
- Previous work experience with Medicare members
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.