Business Information Developer Consultant
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The quality data management team ensures the collection, production, and reporting of HEDIS measures and related data. This team all supports clinical data analytics platforms utilized by data scientists. The ideal candidate will support optimizations and enhancements of the HEDIS reporting cycle and oversee expansion and enhancements made to the clinical data analytics platform.
Responsibilities include (1) synthesizing new information into the larger analytics platform; (2) analyzing operational environment and recommending improvements; (3) assisting in general oversight of the clinical data analytics platform and codebase; (4) aide in reporting management design and code maintenance; and (5) aide other team members and business partners in report development.
Primary Duties include
- Writing SQL code for data analysis as well as to expand and maintain our clinical data platform and datasets.
- Oversight of clinical data platform and its code base.
- Perform querying optimization, index tuning, and other optimizations to ensure the health of code base and platforms.
- Develop ETL code and complex procedures relating to data transformation.
- Develop strategic reporting and data-warehousing applications
- Perform in-depth analysis on operational and infrastructure issues.
- Work closely with data scientists and other clinical analysts.
- Demonstrate a willingness to problem solve, collaborate, and think creatively to further server our partners.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- Requires healthcare experience and prior knowledge of healthcare data and clinical concepts.
- Solid knowledge of MS SQL, SSIS (not SSIS – don’t need this tech) and database skills required.
- 2-3 years SQL coding experience. Familiarity with concepts like update, indexes, case statements, joins, subqueries, aggregate functions, etc. is required.
- Familiarity with relational database environments such as MS SQL Server, Oracle required.
- Experience in T- SQL, including advanced queries, views, stored procedures, performance tuning, indexing and functions.
- Experience with major ETL technologies required, informatica preferred.
- Experience working with large datasets.
This job is more focused on very complex data mining analysis, coordinating the activities of a project team, and developing complex strategic report applications as compared to the Bus Info Developer Sr job. If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.