Business Information Consultant
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for serving as an expert in data analysis, reporting and formulating recommendations and providing guidance to other data analysts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance dashboards, visualizations, and reports (e.g. for sales/membership data, provider data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issues and devising the best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- Make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Provides analytic consultation to other business areas, leadership, or external customers.
- Data analysis and reporting encompass a much higher level of complexity.
- Train, teach, coach, and inspire business partners to embrace business intelligence technology.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is required.
- The ability to manipulate large sets of data is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Expertise knowledge of business intelligence software and data visualization is critical and highly desirable.
This job is more focused on higher-level technical expertise, mentoring staff in lower job levels, more customer-facing, higher level of collaboration, work is higher volume and/or higher risk, and modeling as compared to the Bus Info Analyst Sr job. If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role-specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.