Release Management Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Release Management Advisor: Responsible for applying release, implementation and change management methodologies/procedures to ensure the goals and objections of each release are adequately staffed for successful implementation and accepted on time through following established release planning processes.
Primary duties in addition to release management team member responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides analysis and insight to release management teams, planning, leads the release planning meetings for multiple platforms and project releases and prepares and publishes release notes and communicates success or failure of the release to management.
- Leads lessons learned meetings to improve the release planning process and facilitate process improvement and establishes/defines standards and procedures for release statistics reporting and documentation.
- Provides direction for developing project release plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources for large scale program releases which include maintenance releases and special dedicated project releases.
- Meets with other IT and Business programs to align release schedules and timeline to minimize outages and/or production risks to ensure successful implementation of all release components to meet the company commitments.
- Management duties may include leading/mentoring and training release management staff
- Requires a minimum of 5 years IT experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience in testing, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), operations within IT and Business strongly preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years experience in project management strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or knowledge of project management methodologies with experience in managing multiple releases in a time sensitive environment strongly preferred.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $92,736 - $115,920
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.