Recovery Specialist Associate
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Recovery Specialist Assoc.
Location: This position will require you to work remotely from your home. After Covid-19 protocols are lifted and as we return to in office work please note the work locations for this position. Candidates MUST live within a commutable distance to one of our subrogation offices: Louisville, KY - Pewaukee, WI - Indianapolis, IN - Mason, OH
The Recovery Specialist Associate (Subrogation) is responsible for identifying and initiating third-party/workers compensation, tracking, and reconciling overpayments made to providers and ensuring that recovery is made and reported under general supervision. Collect and document auto insurance, attorney information and settlement details. Performs all authorized duties in the processing of intake referrals, calls and overpayments allocated to the assigned market consistent with all applicable company and departmental policies.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Effectively support the Subrogation Recovery Operations team.
- Provides exceptional service to member, providers, group administrators and attorneys who are providing information on, or seeking information about third party/worker’s compensation subrogation files.
- Identifies, reviews, sets up or closes health insurance subrogation claims via phone, fax, email or mail. For open cases, collects, records and verifies member information, pertinent accident details, attorney information and third-party liability information. Records detailed and accurate file notes obtained from calls or written correspondence.
- Manage high-volume intake calls and correspondence inventory effectively.
- Determine membership eligibility using various job aids and membership systems.
- Responds to calls, letters, faxes and emails from policyholders, agents, vendors and/or providers
- Show initiative and resourcefulness in solving problems and meeting customer needs.
- Develop relationships with other business units and service partners whose assistance, cooperation and support may be needed.
- Adheres to company and department policies and procedures as well as HIPAA regulations.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
- 2 years of experience in claims and/or customer service or data entry experience; or any combination of education, which would provide an equivalent background
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, MS Teams, Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and software programs
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.