Patient Enrollment Specialist I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Patient Enrollment Specialist I
$1000.00 Employee Referral Bonus
The Aspire Healthcare is the nation’s largest community-based palliative care provider. Aspire specializes in providing an extra layer of support to patients facing a serious illness through an ambitious palliative care program focused on caring for patients in their homes and outpatient clinics. Aspire’s clinicians are experts in providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness; helping patients and caregivers navigate the healthcare system; guiding patients and caregivers through difficult and complex treatment choices; and providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families.
The Patient Enrollment Specialist is responsible for new patient acquisition. The role is critical to drive the growth of the organization and meet our enrollment commitments to our customers and partners. The role focuses on reaching out to prospective patients to explain Aspire’s services, addressing a variety of inquiries, gathering feedback, and scheduling the initial in-home appointment.
The Patient Enrollment Specialist has an ability to react very quickly and be nimble in providing responses and meeting the needs of the patient and our internal team members in a timely, calm, and professional manner.
You are the first person our newly referred patients interact with at Aspire. Your mission is to develop a deep level of trust for patients in the most vulnerable chapter of life, understanding their needs, engaging the patient on how Aspire can best support them & their families, and orchestrating the initial engagement with our clinical team.
- Major activities include:
- Making outbound calls for prospective patients and working to ensure the efficient scheduling of initial in-home appointments
- Ensuring that the patient receives a detailed explanation of Aspire’s services
- Expedite emergency clinical calls as needed
- Process new appointments or changes to existing appointment
- Own, manage, convert, and enrolling an assigned referral base
- Ramp new Advance Practice Provider’s census and maintain APPs at target census
- Schedule appointments at the “best time” by considering the needs of our patients within the context of the APP’s overall schedule and availability
- Demonstrate compassion for individual needs, attention to detail, and collaborating with other team members are critical success factors of this role
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and continuous improvement while participating in the call quality monitoring processes
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with other corporate and field based team members to ensure patients receive exceptional service
- Document accurate and concise patient/family feedback and special needs during each call in our computer systems, enabling our market-based clinicians to provide excellent care during each appointment
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Previous experience and success in exceeding individual and team goals in a fundraising, telephonic sales or similar position is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple, competing priorities.
- An exceptional customer service orientation featuring an empathetic, compassionate, and professional demeanor with each interaction.
- Tenacious problem solver, with demonstrated capacity to embrace complex problems and arrive at effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Remains positive and keeps forward momentum when faced with challenges and conveys that attitude to the team and to colleagues.
- Demonstrates short and long-term persistence in meeting objectives and personal development.
- Embraces change and constantly stretches one’s comfort zone in the spirit of constant improvement.
- Excellent communicator with an uplifting, and personable manner with outstanding phone etiquette.
- Excellent written communication skills with success in providing notes, updates, and written communications via computer systems.
- Working knowledge of the healthcare industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent data-entry skills and proven ability to navigate multiple computer screens.
- Bilingual in the Spanish language is a plus.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 3-5 years of comparable work experience.
- Previous telephonic and / or face to face sales experience strongly preferred.
- Able to work the schedule for this position- M-Fri 9am-6pm CST.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.