Community Health Worker - New Jersey
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Community Health Worker (Position will be fully on-site at Customer location and will require travel to sites in New Jersey)
Responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. Helps to bridge conversations with patients and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services. Conducts telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach to panel of high risk patients for appointment scheduling, needs assessment, and care gap closure.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Meets patient in clinic, facility or at home to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
- Collaborates with social worker and/or care manager to develop action plan.
- Develops trusting relationship with patients by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
- Assists patients in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as accompaniment to specialist appointments and assistance with enrollment forms.
- Facilitates communication between all parties (patients, families, colleagues, and community-based organizations) as needed.
- Provides peer-level support to teammates.
- Documents interactions with patients and on behalf of patients in medical record. Develops new workflows or job aids as needed.
- Attends meetings as required.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected].
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
• High School diploma or GED and minimum of 3 years of experience in a healthcare, community-based, or social work environment or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• An Associate’s degree may be required to meet contractual obligations for business in Diversified Business Group Behavioral Health
• Ability to travel
• Certified Community Health Worker Travel may be required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.