Talent Insights Consultant Senior
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Talent Insights Senior Consultant (Senior Consultant People Analytics)
This position eligible for full time remote schedule. Location within 50 miles of an Anthem office; preferred locations are Mason, OH, Atlanta, GA and Indianapolis, IN. All other locations will be considered.
Anthem’s intentional listening strategy is part of our culture and who we are. Understanding the voice of our associates is a big part of what makes Anthem a great place to work. We are looking for a Talent Insights Senior Consultant who can help take our listening strategy to the next level.
If you are passionate about finding innovative ways to use behavioral data and insights to impact HR strategy and provide an exceptional associate experience, we’d love to talk to you!
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Lead complex talent analytics initiatives and work proactively to develop and implement solutions. Consult with Human Resources (including Culture, Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Learning, Inclusion & Diversity) and business leaders to evaluate needs, formulate analytics plan, select appropriate behavioral analytics approaches, understand data elements and metrics, determine and conduct data sourcing and extraction techniques, identify and report data trends, correlations and causations, conduct statistical modeling and analysis. Advise end-users regarding interpretation and best use of information to optimize workforce outcomes and to drive individual and organizational performance improvement.
- Conduct research studies of work environments, organizational structures, communication systems, group interactions, morale, culture, engagement, motivation and workplace leadership in order to assess organizational functioning. Apply organizational psychology principles and research methods to recommend improvements to the overall work environment. Summarize and communicate research findings and implications in order to contribute to general knowledge and to suggest potential changes in organizational functioning. Collaborate with HR and Center of Excellence leaders to facilitate organizational development and change.
- Consult with clients to identify survey needs and specific requirements. Conduct background research on survey topics. Plan and design surveys to understand employee opinions, sentiment, preferences, experiences, beliefs or performance, with the goal of receiving maximum insights from survey research. Determine appropriate survey methods and test surveys for validity. Supplement survey research with other forms of behavioral analytics, including observation, interviews, questionnaires, and focus groups
- Develop and implement 360-degree listening analysis to combine sentiment analytics from a variety of survey and other feedback sources across the associate lifecycle.
- Partner with HR COEs (including Culture, Talent Development, Inclusion & Diversity) to conduct advanced analytics and special studies (e.g., understanding burnout, inclusion, motivations, drivers of engagement) using large, complex data sources.
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, using statistical methods and applications, to interpret workplace performance and evaluate the outcomes and effectiveness of workplace programs and initiatives. Explore augmented analytics and other artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities to provide relevant insights to users that are automated, repeatable and scalable.
- Leverage advanced text analytics and natural language analytics programs to support sentiment analytics.
- Develop high-quality summary analysis reports, presentations and data visualizations that drives strategies and decisions, and impacts business outcomes. Present and connect data, information, results and recommendations in a highly effective, easy-to-understand manner to key stakeholders and varied audiences, ranging from HR and Business Leaders, HR Centers of Excellence leaders, Business and HR executive team, Chief Human Resources Officer and the CEO.
- Apply storytelling techniques to turn data into actionable insights. Articulate study findings; interpret and explain the implications of data on performance and the business. Provide consultation and expert recommendations to improve individual and business performance for complex and varied organizations, and enterprise initiatives.
- Partner with internal clients to enhance organizational success by adding context and relevancy to analytical information and connecting-the-dots to drive tangible business value. Provide expert advice to HR partners on using data and analytics to facilitate organizational development and improved employee performance. Use data and analysis findings to make recommendations for changes to improve employee behaviors, performance, and to guide HR processes and strategies and solutions. Conduct research on industry trends and best practices related to organizational performance, listening strategies and workplace excellence. Incorporate into strategies, approaches and analysis initiatives to ensure appropriate context. Serve as a knowledge champion to advance research, data gathering, analytics and storytelling skills.
- Provide direction and support to junior level staff, act as coach, mentor and accelerator to the Talent Insights team and other HR analytics partners.
- Requires BA/BS in industrial psychology, social sciences or business-related field
- 10 years of data collection and analysis experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Business, Econometrics, I/O Psychology or related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying statistical methods, behavioral analytics, research methods and data analytics within a business setting required.
- Highly effective communication skills with proven ability to clearly and concisely share information and present analytical data orally and in writing to all levels of leadership required.
- Executive level consultation and presentation experience required, with an emphasis on data visualization, storytelling and partnership. Previous consulting a plus.
- Experience in survey design, conducting focus groups and hypothesis generation required.
- Proven experience in behavioral analytics, including survey design and analytics and both quantitative and qualitative research studies
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R, Tableau, AWS, Python, SPSS, STATA, Minitab or Power BI
- Proven ability in applied statistics or research, data mining and analysis, and/or management consulting.
- Proven experience in advanced statistical methods, models and techniques for hypothesis testing, regression modeling and data mining analysis. Experience developing predictive models.
- Excellent executive presentation skills with the ability to distill and present actionable information from complex research
- Working experience with HCM platforms such as Workday, Oracle or SuccessFactors preferred
- Extremely adept at integrating disparate information and understanding data trends
- Subject matter expertise in the areas of organizational culture and HR – particularly employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, diversity, compensation, and employee retention
- Experience driving cross-functional projects independently and collaboratively
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.