LTSS Service Coordinator
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Our Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Various counties throughout Iowa
The LTSS Service Coordinator is responsible for overall management of member's individual service plan within the scope of position, as required by applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, and revises the member's service plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing face-to-face, and some telephonic, non-clinical assessments using a tool with predefined response options for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's non-clinical long term service and support needs.
- Identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high risk complications) and refers those members' cases to the clinical healthcare management team.
- Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, comorbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of long term services and supports.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual service plan.
- Establishes short and long term service and support goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of service or other waiver programs.
- May also serve as mentor or preceptor for new staff, assisting in the formal training of associates and may be involved in process improvement initiatives.
The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Requires a BA/BS with 30 semester hours or equivalent quarter hours in a human services field and at least one year of experience in the delivery of services to the population groups that the person is hired as a case manager (LSW, LPC, or LPN/LVN license preferred) or a RN license; 3 years of experience in a related field. Service delivery coordination, discharge planning or behavioral health experience in a managed care setting preferred.
Experience with chronic illnesses, comorbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, Advocate or similar role strongly preferred.
Strong computer skills to include Excel and Outlook.
Experience in Long Term Care desired.
Travel required within assigned territory.
Waiver experience preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.