Population Health Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Nashville, TN preferred; however, the incumbent must live in the state of Tennessee and be willing to travel to and or work from one of our Tennessee offices (Memphis, Nashville, and or Knoxville).
The Population Health Director is responsible for providing direction and oversight for the health plans efforts to improve the health and well-being of the Health Plan’s membership.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing, informing, monitoring, and accomplishing the health plan’s integrated population community health strategy under the direction of the State Plan President.
- Championing integration and articulating the goals and value of our comprehensive population health model to leadership, associates, and key stakeholders.
- Employing and implementing core concepts of population health improvement such as social determinants of health, health services research, epidemiology, and statistics to guide the health plans strategic vision.
- Building, preserving, and prioritizing collaborative, sustainable relationships with public health, social services, local governmental agencies, and community-based organizations.
- Utilizing social needs screening tools, risk modeling, and community needs assessments to leverage relevant internal and external data sources to understand the markets population served and translate data into actionable evidence to inform strategic planning, policy, and partnership.
- Overseeing annual program description, population health analysis and program evaluation documents.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Requires a BA/BS in a relevant discipline, or other degrees such as, but not limited to, master’s level social work, public health, health services research, health policy, epidemiology, psychology, or another relevant field, or licensure as a registered nurse and 5+ years of experience in community health improvement, public health or closely related relevant field such as population health, service coordination, ambulatory care, case, or care management and or coordinating care within multiple settings and with multiple provider types.
- Effective organizational, planning and project management abilities
- Ability to persuade others and develop consensus
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.