Nurse Practitioner - $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At CareMore, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
CareMore is a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
Primarily field-based visiting 6-8 patients daily (home setting) within the LA/OC area; the geographic area will be from the city of Downey to Long Beach and Santa Ana, CA. Approximately a 25-mile driving distance should be expected. Full-time Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm.
The Nurse Practitioner is responsible for managing patient care and treatment (in person, telephonically and/or video) in collaboration with the physician. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs health assessments and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines and physician instructions.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Discusses case with physician.
- Formulates and documents care plan.
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment.
- Participates in On-Call program, which may include after-hours, weekend and holiday calls and visitations.
- The health and safety of our associates, members and communities is a top priority for Anthem. This priority has become increasingly important as we continue to face the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Anthem believes vaccination is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect our members, our communities, our families and ourselves. To minimize the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and maintain a safe and healthy workplace, vaccination is required for this role. (At Anthem, fully vaccinated means it has been at least two weeks since you have received the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or the single dose of a single dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson).
- If you do not meet the requirements for this position, we encourage you to review other positions that currently allow virtual work. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected].
- MS in Nursing and minimum of 1 year of related experience with clinical emphasis for nurse practitioner; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license and NP license in applicable state required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
- Experience in chronic disease management, geriatric care, and urgent care preferred.
- Bilingual (English Spanish) preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.