DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for organizing a series of work into a single portfolio consisting of reports that capture project objectives, costs, timelines, accomplishments, resources, risks and other critical factor project delivery and budget forecasting on a short, medium and long term basis based.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads strategic project planning and annual budgeting. Leads senior/executive management business partners to plan and ensure project objectives are met and budget aligns with IT budget objectives.
- Leads strategic direction for aligning a specific organizations project plan of record and annual goal objectives with annual operating budget by specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identifying risks, contingency plans, identification of budget and achieving long-term and short-term financial objectives with the primary goal of ensuring that ROI thresholds are met.
- Leads and manages portfolio and project activities of the business unit and develops relationships with the business.
- Directs and coordinates budget activities of multiple projects and evaluates the impacts of changes from original portfolio plans across multiple projects to provide direction.
- Leads strategies to remove barriers to ensure that portfolio initiatives are delivered on time and within budget.
- Partners with vendors for service delivery and the delivery of technology solutions for the business unit. Provides leadership to executive management to determine future systems direction for both internally developed and vendor maintained systems and performs feasibility studies.
- Preferred Locations: Mason, Indianapolis, Atlanta, but flexible to other locations
Ideal Candidates will have knowledge of claims to claims process, communicating with providers/members, and Jira reporting
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years of experience in organizing a series of large size projects into a single portfolio, multiple technical and business disciplines, planning and designing large complex project portfolios, technical systems Process Life Cycleor related field; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Masters degree, multiple trade certifications or other continuing education strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.