Medical Assistant II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides front and/or back office support.
- Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with Care Center (CCC) or Medical Group Practice protocols and workflows.
- Oversees patient check in by ensuring medical records/charts have been pulled, patient data is current, appropriate paperwork is in order, and charts are reviewed/prepared.
- Interviews patient, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
- Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
- Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedules and confirms patients appointments.
- Reconciles co-payments at the end of each day.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Requires H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school of training required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) may be required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.