Infrastructure Svcs Engineer Exec Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
As a DevOps/Cloud Solutions Engineer in the Healthcare IT industry, you will be embarking on a transformation to the Cloud. As a member of our Foundational and Core Services Enablement team, you will evaluate Cloud technologies and drive adoption by helping lead teams through a transformational journey. Responsible for hands-on development and programming on specific cloud platforms, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate maturity and expertise of one or more of the following CSPs (AWS, Azure, GCP) and the perspective technology stack
- Be able to articulate advanced multiple cloud environment infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Network, Backups, DR, and Monitoring)
- Lead and influence cross functional teams (application, platform, security, data, operations, infrastructure) through transformative changes
- Demonstrate and lead development of key DevOps patterns like Infrastructure-as-Code principles
- Create and review technical and/or functional specifications for development efforts and oversee the end-to-end successful execution of those specifications.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews, to include cloud-based architecture and integrations
- Demonstration and lead development of CI/CD and DevOps best practices and compliance for application release and deployment through leading other various team members
- Responsible for delivery of cloud platform and application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Works on the collaborative Enterprise team and deliveries work products that support a digital transformation by leading assigned product and solution teams
- Leads multiple or large cloud platform or application adoption projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines
- Interface with software vendors for support as well as application and infrastructure teams
- Executes effective interpersonal skills, team-work attitude, and drive collaborative initiatives
- Ensure documents (e.g. Runbooks) for Ops and drive architectural best practices on AWS
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years in one or more of the following: information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management required; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Hashicorp Terraform is a desired certification, with responsibilities around architecting and enabling the usage of Terraform throughout Anthem.
- 3-4 years hands-on experience with AWS or cloud platforms
- 4 or more years multi-platform, multi database and/or multi language experience
- Expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- AWS certified Solution Architect Professional required (GCP and Azure certifications as an optional replacement)
- 2-4 years experience in architecting DevOps- based CI/CD deployment pipelines required
- 1-3 years experience in architecting Service Catalog required with Terraform Enterprise experience required
- 1-3 years hands-on experience in software development experience preferred
- 2-3 years of experience with Source Code Management and branching usage required
- 1-3 years of experience with Event-driven, Micro-services, and Serverless development patterns in the Public Cloud preferred (AWS preferred)
- Production experience in large environments using automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible and CFT required
- Should also have the ability to mentor others
- Experience in re-architecting on-prem applications and migrate them to any/all CSPs infrastructure
- Experience providing troubleshooting support
- Off hours availability when necessary
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.