Pharmacy Customer Associate I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Mason, OH
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, this position will require you to work remotely from your home with the flexibility to return to a regular, in-office work environment. As we continue to monitor guidance from CDC and state officials there may be times you would need to report to the office on a monthly or quarterly basis for team meetings or engagement activities.
A Pharmacy Customer Associate I is responsible for responding to basic customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding pharmacy retail and mail order prescriptions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled and resolved appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Interacts with internal and external customers (could include subscribers, providers, group or benefit administrators, physician offices, third party representatives, and other Blue Cross Plans) to provide claims, customer service, and/or membership support.
- Completes necessary research to provide proactive, thorough solutions.
- Displays ownership of service requests ensuring high quality resolution and follow-thru.
- Supports and guides the customer with their personal options and decisions and helps the customer become knowledgeable and confident about using technology, tools and resources available to them.
- Requires a HS diploma; 18 months of experience in customer service and/or health insurance industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.