Scientific Research Intern (Graduate Level) - Summer 2022
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
HealthCore, Inc is an independently-operating subsidiary of Anthem, Inc. and a health services research firm. We are seeking qualified candidates for a paid, 8-to-12 weeks research internship for Summer 2022. The Scientific Research Intern will be responsible for supporting research activities for studies conducted within HealthCore’s Health Economics & Outcomes Research and Safety & Epidemiology lines of business.
100% Remote Opportunity
Primary responsibilities include supporting:
- Development of study-specific requirement documents and deliverables
- Execution of study-specific analysis
- Study feasibility assessments
- Business initiatives to optimize/enhance organizational research capabilities
Functions OR examples of projects for this role:
- Gathering & organizing study requirements in support of coding and data definitions
- Production and quality check or study output data, statistical analyses, and/or other study deliverables
- Development and organization of study presentation content, tables, graphs, and figures
- Review of literature toward the development of research proposals, study protocols, and/or reports, presentations and publications of study findings
- Study sample size and database queries
- Development and organization of research knowledge and coding repositories
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Pursuing a graduate degree in health service research, economics, epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Familiarity with basic statistical analysis and statistical software (SAS)
- Familiarity with searchable research publication resources (e.g. PubMed & Ovid)
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.