Process Improvement Analyst/ Consultant/ Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
NOTE: This position is work from home with the applicant's physical location being within a reasonable commute to any Anthem office in the US.
Title: Process Improvement Analyst/ Consultant / Manager
(There is only 1 open position at this time and the level of the candidate hired will be determined based on level of experience)
Process Improvement Manager - Responsible for process improvement projects to increase the quality and performance of a business unit.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides process improvement methodology, coaching and training to associates and team members who are participating in process improvement projects.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams in the identification, research, and implementation of process improvements.
- Leads projects of significant scope.
- Manages internal and external process improvement projects with team members who work across regional and enterprise wide organizational structures and with external parties (providers and trade organizations) to formulate consensus on improvements and to implement internal and external systems, policies, and procedures.
Process Improvement Consultant - Responsible for generating process improvements that bring about measurable improvement in quality and/or efficiency. Contributes to achieve department's objectives by serving as key contact for researching and implementing solutions and tools for new systems and other key operational improvements, provide guidance to leads, operations experts, associates, and/or managers on process improvement issues.
- Represents the department on process improvement teams, special projects and implementation of new technology.
- Lead role in coordinating annual review/revision of procedures.
- Leads the training of associates when new processes or procedures are implemented.
- Communicates process information and facilitates workgroups to ensure accurate and consistent workload reporting.
- Review /analyze monthly workload reports to ensure goals are on-target (timeliness, backlog) across all operational sites.
- Identify areas of concern & implement corrective plans if necessary. Uses reports and production statistics to represent unit(s) in departmental process improvement and system changes and provides specialized input on reports to management.
Process Improv Analyst - Responsible for identifying process improvement strategies to achieve quality goals.
- Conducts assessments of current processes, reports and procedures.
- Identifies process improvements and recommends solutions for corrective, preventive actions.
- Collects data and performs quantitative analysis to substantiate assumptions.
- Performs any necessary ad hoc reporting.
- Coordinates training and documentation required by the changes.
- Measures outcomes of quality improvements using metrics and benchmarking criteria.
- Documents quality initiatives for regulatory requirements.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide –and Anthem approves –a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
Process Improvement Manager (E13) - Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 5 years process improvement or project management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Process Improvement Consultant (E12) - Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 5 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Process Improvement Analyst (E11) - Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 3 years operational experience in healthcare, including minimum of 2 years experience of process improvement, workflow analysis, project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates
- Analytical capability and experience to drive projects strongly preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification or related process improvement certification preferred.
- RN, Certified Project Manager or Certified Professional Coder preferred. Previous experience in high-volume operations (Medical Review, Appeals, Claims, Customer Service) strongly preferred. Demonstrate ability to analyze existing and potential workflows, processes, supporting systems, and procedures and identifying improvements strongly preferred. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical, organizational, planning, problem solving and project/decision facilitation skills strongly preferred. Ability to travel maybe required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.