Developer I, II, Senior, Advisor - Job Family
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: Developer I, II, Senior, Advisor - Job Family
This position can be filled at the Developer I, Developer II, Developer Sr, or Developer Advisor level. The hiring manager will determine the level based on the candidate's experience and background.
Location: This is currently a remote position but will be transitioned to an in-office position post-COVID-19. The selected candidate should be located near an Anthem office.
Essential duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for programming on specific application subsets of the company's application portfolio, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit, client program, or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Owns the change request process and may coordinate with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and prepares technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Assesses current status and supports data information planning.
- Coordinates on-call support and ensures effective monitoring of system.
- Maintains technical development environment.
- Mentors others and may lead multiple or small to medium sized projects.
- Facilitates group sessions to elicit complex information on requirements clarification, design sessions, code reviews and troubleshooting issues. Supports vendor evaluation.
This position supports Anthem’s federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email [email protected]
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Developer I - Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Developer II - Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training and 1 or more years; experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Multi database, multi language or multi business application is preferred.
- Developer Senior - Requires BA/BS degree or technical institute training; 3+ years experience on one platform, multi database, multi language or multi business application, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Developer Advisor - Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and minimum of 5 years experience with multi dimensional platform, business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience developing WSP packages for custom solutions deployment; demonstrated experience building workflow and collaboration solutions; Lead Migration Projects with experience and expertise in leading a SharePoint Migration
- Experience taking existing on-premises features and converting them to online based features; oversee the work of other SharePoint developers and execute more complex development efforts as required; Support problem resolution and provide technical support for other developers; Proactively manage the SharePoint environment to maximize value to the business
- Experience documenting best practices for software configuration, site permission policy, and site template management; work with IT leadership to develop and refine the SharePoint governance approach and documents; Participates in requirements definition sessions to gain a general perspective on the business objective(s) or business problem that is to be addressed by the system;
- Provide support and expertise to migrate on-prem instance to a cloud or hybrid solution; recommend strategies of process improvement and tools to achieve more efficient results and keep up with current technologies; assist management with strategic planning;
- Be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills; presentation skills/experience.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.