LTSS Service Coordinator-RN Clinician
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
This is a remote position.
The LTSS Service Coordinator-RN Clinician is responsible for overall management of member's case within the scope of licensure; provides supervision and direction to non-RN clinicians participating in the member's case in accordance with applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing telephonic clinical assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Identifies members for high risk complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Manages members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual care plan.
- Establishes short and long term goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- The RN has overall responsibility to develop the care plan for services for the member and ensures the member's access to those services.
- May assist with the implementation of member care plans by facilitating authorizations/referrals for utilization of services, as appropriate, within benefits structure or through extra-contractual arrangements, as permissible.
- Interfaces with Medical Directors, Physician Advisors and/or Inter-Disciplinary Teams on the development of care management treatment plans.
- May also assist in problem solving with providers, claims or service issues.
- Directs and/or supervises the work of any LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, and other licensed professionals other than an RN, in coordinating services for the member by, for example, assigning appropriate tasks to the non-RN clinicians, verifying and interpreting member information obtained by these individuals, conducting additional assessments, as necessary, to develop, monitor, evaluate, and revise the member's care plan to meet the member's needs, and reviewing and providing input on the non-RN clinicians' performance on a regular basis.
- Requires an RN; 3-4 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required. Masters in Health/Nursing preferred.
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
- Previous home health experience preferred.
- Previous experience working from home preferred.
- Previous experience working at MLTC/Care Management/Managed-care/Home Care/LHCSA
- Masters Degree in Nursing.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.