Staff VP Compliance - AIM
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Given Anthem’s scale, balance sheet, broad national reach and depth at the local market level, Anthem has established a business unit called the Diversified Business Group (DBG). DBG is a solutions-oriented business unit within the Company that will support Anthem and other external clients in the pursuit of transforming healthcare. DBG is comprised of the following three divisions that offer single, partial and fully integrated healthcare solutions:
- Advanced Analytics & Services
- AIM Specialty Health / myNexus
- Health Guide
- Meridian Resource Company
- Program Integrity
- Behavioral Health
- Beacon Health Options
- Care Delivery
- CareMore Health
- Aspire Health
Title: Staff VP Compliance, AIM (Diversified Business Group)
Location: Chicago, IL – commutable distance to 1of 14 Anthem offices (currently remote until offices reopen)
Travel: Up to 25% or approximately 1x per quarter to Chicago, IL (once business travel resumes)
Reporting Structure: Directly reports to Diidri Robinson, DBG Compliance and Privacy Officer
The Staff VP Compliance for AIM will be responsible for leading a best-in-class compliance program, establishing trust with business partners and associates, and championing a culture of integrity.
Overview of AIM:
AIM Specialty Health (AIM) is a leading specialty benefit management company that promotes appropriate, safe, and affordable healthcare services. AIM provides innovative clinical solutions that focus on today’s most complex and costly tests and treatments in radiology, cardiology, medical and radiation oncology, specialty drugs, sleep medicine, musculoskeletal and pain management, genetic testing, palliative care, rehabilitative medicine, home health, and other emerging clinical areas.
With evidence-based medicine, technology, people, and processes, we support clinical appropriateness review, provider collaboration, and member engagement on behalf of more than 50 health plans, 40% of the Fortune 50 Employers, and 65 million members.
The primary duties for the Staff VP Compliance for AIM will have the incumbent collaborating with stakeholders, exhibiting the most expert skill level. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, design, develop and lead programming in making the AIM Compliance program highly effective.
- Oversees programs for multiple departments/functions with advanced multiple layers and objectives.
- Frequent collaboration with the business area to achieve operational excellence.
- Implementation of regulatory oversight function to ensure compliance with state and federal mandates.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates the performance of direct reports; collaborates with management to set strategic vision; may oversee a manager(s)/director(s) with direct reports.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 10 years health care, regulatory, ethics, compliance or privacy experience, 5+ years of management experience, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong leadership/managerial skills and ability to motivate/coach other staff
- If not located close to our Chicago IL office travel may be required
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, build consensus, and drive change within a large matrixed organization
- Must be a strategic thinker with a broad and deep understanding of healthcare from various vantage points required
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sense of curiosity, and effective problem solving
- Ability to work through ambiguity putting structure to broad enterprise initiatives
- Experienced in Benefit Management and/or Utilization Management Operations
- Solid track record working with Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial Business within a Healthcare organization
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills required
- MS/MBA/JD or professional designation
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $147,000 - 194,040
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remain in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.