Utilization Management Representative
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Utilization Management Representative
Responsible for coordinating cases for precertification and prior authorization review. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for providing technical guidance to UM Reps who handle correspondence and assist callers with issues concerning contract and benefit eligibility for requested continuing pre-certification and prior authorization of inpatient and outpatient services outside of initial authorized set.
- Assisting management by identifying areas of improvement and expressing a willingness to take on new projects as assigned.
- Handling escalated and unresolved calls from less experienced team members.
- Ensuring UM Reps are directed to the appropriate resources to resolve issues.
- Ability to understand and explain specific workflow, processes, departmental priorities and guidelines.
- May assist in new hire training to act as eventual proxy for Ops Expert.
- Exemplifies behaviors embodied in the 5 Core Values.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Requires a HS diploma or GED and a minimum of 3 years of experience in customer service experience in healthcare related setting; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical terminology training required.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
- Certain contracts require a Master's degree.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.