DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Locations: Work at Home Hybrid Model; Norfolk, VA; Other locations will be considered.
The Project Leader role is responsible for developing project plans and leading small projects to completion. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Communicates progress, issues, and barriers, to internal and external customers.
• Conducts periodic status meetings.
• Conducts root cause analysis of processes and issues, identifies and makes recommendations for improvements, and develops documentation.
• Researches, compiles, extrapolates and validates data used to forecast staffing needs and work flows, and/or resolve quality and other operational issues.
• Assists in managing project scope to ensure business needs are met and the project scope as defined in the project charter is delivered, identifying, documenting and raising requests for changes from original specifications.
• Communicate plans, status, and issues within the team, group, or project, including both IT and business members and management.
• Has basic understanding of project management methodology, tools & processes and able to apply to small projects.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. All offers of employment are conditioned on completion of a background check, including COVID-19 vaccination verification. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide –and Anthem approves –a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
• Requires a BA/BS in a related field and minimum of 3 years’ experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Basic understanding of project management methodology, tools & processes and able to apply to small projects is strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.