Senior Engineer (Kubernetes Developer)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Engineer Senior (Kubernetes Developer)
Location: Richmond VA / Norfolk VA/ Atlanta GA/ Mason OH / Indianapolis IN, Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Austin, Chicago.
This role will be remote
As a Kubernetes developer in the Healthcare IT industry, you will be embarking on a transformation to the Cloud. As a member of our Foundational and Core Services Enablement team, you will evaluate Cloud technologies and drive adoption by helping lead teams through a transformational journey. Responsible for hands-on development and programming on specific cloud platforms/container platforms, participating in all phases of the development and maintenance life cycle.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate maturity and understanding of one or more of the following CSPs (AWS, Azure, GCP, Oracle, IBM Cloud, etc.) and the perspective technology stack
- In-depth understanding and experience in at least one of the Kubernetes based Container Platform (Openshift, EKS, GKE)
- Good understanding of Kubernetes Deployments (Rolling updates, scale up , scale down), HPA, Node Affinity, metricServer, configmaps, etc.
- Working experience with application Stack stateful set, Init-Containers and side car containers etc.
- Ability to leverage and customize open source container based application runtimes to anthem requirements
- Ability to create Kubernetes operators for custom requirements
- Ability to create custom scripts for different automation needs for container platforms
- Create and/or help teams to build Cloud infrastructure for on-going and up-coming projects adhering to Infrastructure-as-Code principles
- Ensure CI/CD and DevOps best practices and compliance for application release and deployment
- Production experience in large environments using automation and configuration management tools like Terraform, Ansible and CFT
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team
- Great interpersonal skills, team-work attitude, and drive collaborative initiatives
- Exposure Java Software development frameworks like Spring boot etc.
- Exposure to messaging services like Kafka and Rabbit MQ.
- Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field or technical institute training
- 5 or more years multi-platform, multi-database and/or multi-language experience
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience with AWS or cloud platforms
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience on Kubernetes based container platforms (i.e., Openshift, EKS)
- 2-4 years hands-on experience in python coding experience preferred
- 2-4 years of experience with Event-driven, Micro-services, and Serverless development patterns
- Openshift or Kubernetes certification preferred(CKAD/CKA
- Cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) certification preferred
- Experience in re-architecting on-premise applications and migrating them to any/all CSPs infrastructure
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.