Corporate Development Analyst
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for assisting the Corporate Development team in identifying and executing on strategic acquisitions, equity investments, joint ventures and other strategic relationships to help Anthem acquire assets, invest in companies and obtain relationships to grow the revenue and profitability of the company.
Hours: M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST to include some weekends
Remote – Prefer someone who resides in Indianapolis, IN.
Corporate Development Analyst
- Contributes to the development of financial rationale, including pro forma combination models, accretion/dilution analysis, views of transaction synergies and synergy achievement costs, and various analyses including discounted cash flows.
- Analyzes financial statements.
- Develops clear and concise presentations for an executive audience outlining the investment opportunity, including its strategic fit, financial return, risk and profile.
- Supports the due diligence process.
- Monitors and tracks the universe of potential strategic investments through industry landscape analysis and company profiling.
- Assists in the development of strategic rationale for acquisitions and investments including how it fits into corporate strategy.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 1 year of investment banking analysis, corporate development or transaction services; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.