Senior Coding Analyst
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. CareMore, HealthSun and Aspirea are proud members of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
CareMore is a proven care delivery model for the highest-risk. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery. We build and lead integrated, multi-disciplinary clinical teams to care for the most complex patients. We strive for excellence and have achieved significant and measurable improvement in total cost of care, clinical outcomes, and experience. As an Anthem subsidiary, we benefit from the scale and resources one of America’s largest managed healthcare organizations.
Locations: California, Arizona, Nevada, Florida, Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, Utah, Idaho
The Coding Analyst is responsible for reviewing, auditing, and coding medical records for the purpose of reimbursement, training, education, and compliance.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Audits and reviews medical documentation for appropriate ICD-9 and CPT coding and documentation.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward, or documentation is unclear.
- Reviews CPT and ICD-9 codes annually for accuracy and implements changes.
- Assists physicians and providers with questions and problems related to coding, documentation, and billing.
- Trains and educates others on coding documentation, claim payment guidelines, and related issues.
- Serves as a resource to Coding Analysts.
- Requires a high school diploma; 1 year of experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Certified Medical Code (CPC or CCS-P) required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Medical Risk Adjustment
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.