Nurse Disease Mgmt I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Please note: Associates in this job reporting to designated managers and/or certain states will be paid hourly and be eligible for overtime. Please contact Compensation for confirmation.
Responsible for participating in delivery of patient education and disease management interventions and for performing health coaching for members, across multiple lines, for health improvement/management programs for chronic diseases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts behavioral or clinical assessments to identify individual member knowledge, skills and behavioral needs.
- Identifies and/or coordinates specific health coaching plan needs to address objectives and goals identified during assessments.
- Interfaces with provider and other health professionals to coordinate health coaching plan for the member.
- Implements and/or coordinates coaching and/or care plans by educating members regarding clinical needs and facilitating referrals to health professionals for behavioral health needs.
- Uses motivational interviewing to facilitate health behavior change.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of interventions and/or health coaching plans and modifies as needed.
- Directs members to facilities, community agencies and appropriate provider/network.
- Refers member to catastrophic case management.
- Requires AS in nursing and minimum of 2 years of condition specific clinical or home health/discharge planning experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
- BS in nursing preferred.
- Prior case management experience preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.