Behavioral Health Case Manager II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Behavioral Health Case Manager II
This position is both telephonic and field-based. You will support our members with approximately 50% of field work in the Dallas/Forth Worth, TX territory. (Note: Temporarily not doing field work. Telephonic outreach only due to the pandemic). Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health, physical health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Completes face-to-face visits with the member in the home, hospital, and other community settings, such as doctor's offices, treatment centers, etc. (Temporarily, outreach is telephonic only due to the pandemic.)
- Responds to more complex cases and account specific requests.
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops specific care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Identifies members at high risk for complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Assists in problem-solving with providers and the health care team.
- Serves as a resource to other Case Managers.
- Participates in cross-functional teams projects and initiatives.
- Must be located in the Dallas/Forth Worth, TX area and have the ability to travel (temporarily telephonic only due to the pandemic) up to 50% in the Dallas/Forth Worth area.
- Requires MS or MA in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field (or) a degree in nursing; 3- 4 years of clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric, complex medical and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires professional licensure such as an LPC, LCSW, LMFT or RN to practice as a mental health service professional within the state of Texas.
- Previous experience in case management and telephonic and/or in person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders.
- Managed care experience required.
- Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques.
- Experience working on multiple computer platforms simultaneously.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Experience working in a field-based position.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.